We have just released a major update of MyBillingExplorer, - our software for collecting, analyzing and optimizing Google Cloud Platform costs used by hundreds of our customers.
It's a big release for us as we completely revamped our backend, allowing us to refresh the billing data every 15 minutes (instead of 24 hours in previous version) and basically rewriting the whole application from ground up providing a solid foundation for future features like cost optimization recommendations and more.
There are literally few dozens of bug fixes as well as new features, most notably:
- Improved user experience throughout the app
- Much faster user interface (±500% performance improvement over the last version)
- Mobile friendly UI
- The UI now automatically fetches new data without the need to refresh the page (thanks, Firebase!)
- Pivot Builder now shows 6 months of billing history (instead of 3 months)
- Billing prediction for current month
- 100% SSL (with automatic redirect from HTTP)
- Support for Google Commitment Discounts
- Multiple Billing Accounts per customer's account
- Integration with Geckoboard for those who want to publish billing data to a TV dashboard
We are continuing to work on new features, bringing more value to our customers. Some of the things we are working on are: customer classification and clustering, cost optimization recommendations, mobile app for iOS and Android and more.
I'd like to thank my team, who tirelessly worked on this release. Well done, guys!