Do cool stuff that matters!
Customer Reliability Engineer
Operations Engineering is what you get when you treat operations as if it’s a software problem. Our mission is to architect, build, secure and provide for the software and systems behind all of our customer’s services, with an ever-watchful eye on their availability, latency, performance, and capacity.
This is an unusual job, unlike others in the industry. Like traditional operations groups, we design, build and keep important, revenue-critical systems up and running despite downtimes, bandwidth outages, and configuration problems. Unlike traditional operations groups, we often have an ability and authority to fix, extend, and scale the code to keep it working and harden it against all the vagaries of the Internet. We hire people from both systems and software backgrounds. Strong candidates will have experience with both.
As an Operations Engineer on our team, you will have the opportunity to tackle the complex problems of scale which are sometimes unique to our customers while using your expertise in resolving problems, coding, algorithms, complexity analysis and large-scale system design.
- Design, build and support systems with availability, scalability, latency in mind
- Solve problems relating to critical services and build automations to prevent recurrence
- Influence and create new designs and architectures for large-scale distributed systems
- Engage in capacity planning and demand forecasting, performance analysis and tuning
- Conduct periodic on call duties using a on-call/shift model.
- Degree in CS or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins/TravisCI
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Experience in one or more of: Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience in one or more of: Ruby, C++, Java, Python or Go
- Experience with container runtimes such as Docker, RTK or similar
- Experience with container orchestration systems such as K8s, Docker Cloud or Mesos
- Experience with metric management databases such as InfluxDB or Graphite
- Experience with monitoring, log collection and alerting for distributed systems
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, MongoDB or C*
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Familiarity with running web services at scale; understanding of linux systems internals and networking.
- Understanding of linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond, taking in system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols along the way.
- Networking: knowledge and understanding of network theory, such as different protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc), MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing).
- Preferred Google Cloud Platform knowledge:
- Google Compute Engine, including deployment manager and instance groups
- Network and HTTP/S Load-Balancers, Auto-Scaling
- Google Cloud Storage, including bucket lifecycle policies
- Google Container Engine
- Networking, DNS and VPN
- Preferred Amazon Web Services knowledge:
- AWS EC2, including CloudFormation and OpsWorks
- ELB/ALB, including auto-scaling
- AWS S3, including bucket policies and lifecycle
- AWS Elastic Container Service (ECS)
- AWS RDS
- Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Route53 and VPN
- CloudWatch, AWS CloudTrail and AWS Config
- Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
Please send your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SMB Sales Associate
- BA/BS degree (In lieu of degree, relevant skills) or equivalent experience).
- Previous experience with selling in Greek market
- Must speak and write in English
- Previous experience or interest in sales, customer support, account management, marketing or consulting.
- Interest in working against an assigned quota.
Please send your applications to: email@example.com
At DoIT, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. DoIT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.