Cloud Sprint is an intensive hands-on workshop that accelerates a customer’s application migration to cloud. DoiT International experts will lead a customer team through highly interactive discussions and whiteboarding sessions, reviewing target applications to migrate to the cloud. We then break into working groups to determine the design and configuration for migrating the application by the end of the Cloud Sprint.
How we do it
Review and discuss target applications and requirements. Examine relevant architectures and use cases.
Work through detailed design considerations on implementation topics, such as: network architecture, identity access management, resource management, user and group provisioning, billing, monitoring, and security policies. Take into consideration best practices and typical pitfalls to avoid.
Cloud Foundation Deployment
Break out into working teams to set up the foundational infrastructure in given public cloud.
Continue in working teams to migrate and/or deploy a target application into given public cloud. Stand up and validate functionality.
Review and summarize key decisions, dependencies, issues, and lessons learned. Identify open questions, action items, and recommended next steps for undertaking an extensive cloud project.
Common Deliverables for Cloud Sprint are:
- Foundational infrastructure in public cloud.
- Migrated application running in public cloud, time-permitting.
- Summary of key cloud infrastructure considerations.
- Summary of next steps.
Example of Workload Migrations:
- On-prem Kubernetes implementation to Google GKE or Azure AKS
- On-prem database migration to Google CloudSQL, Google Cloud Spanner, or AWS RDS
- Setup of a new workload based on AWS DynamoDB or Google Bigtable